Astra 18 Diet™
Fang Feng Tong Sheng San Herbal Supplement
- Weight Loss
1. Treat eating disorders involving abdominal bloating, edema, phlegm, congestion, fatigue, and loose or erratic stools
2. Useful as part of a weight loss program with Astra Diet Tea
3. Treat arthritis accompanied by extensive swelling, redness, and numbness
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Disperse stagnant Qi
Tonify spleen qi
Soften hard masses
Internal: 2 to 4 tablets TID
Take 1/2 hour before meals with 2 large glasses of water or Astra Diet Tea
90 tablets, 750 mg, 15 day supply
- Astragalus root huang qi
- Alisma rhizome ze xie
- Gardenia fruit zhi zi
- Cyperus rhizome xiang fu
- Coix seed yi yi ren
- Tang Kuei root dang gui
- White Peony root bai shao
- White Atractylodes rhizome bai zhu
- Platycodon root jie geng
- Sargassum herb hai zao
- Crataegus fruit shan zha
- Scute root huang qin
- Ginger rhizome gan jiang
- Laminaria leaf kun bu
- Magnolia bark hou po
- Pinellia rhizome ban xia
- Citrus peel chen pi
Astra 18 Diet is based on the traditional formulas of siler and platycodon combination (as researched in Japan) for weight loss, and magnolia and hoelen combination for abdominal bloating and disturbed digestion. Astragalus (huang qi) and white atractylodes (bai zhu) tonify the spleen and augment the Qi in order to dry dampness. Alisma (ze xie), as well as astragalus (huang qi) promote urination and leach out dampness. Gardenia (zhi zi) drains damp heat. Cyperus(xiang fu) and white peony (bai shao) spreads and regulates liver Qi and are used for disharmony between the liver and spleen. Since removal of dampness and phlegm is facilitated by the proper movement of blood, tang kuei (dang gui) is added to tonify and invigorate the blood. Platycodon (jie geng) opens up and disseminates lung Qi; in addition, research has found this herb reduces the cholesterol content in the liver. The seaweeds, laminaria (kun bu) and sargassum (hai zao), are included in the formula to regulate the thyroid, clear dampness, and dissolve masses. Crataegus (shan zha) reduces and guides out food stagnation. Scute (huang qin) clears heat and dries dampness. Ginger (gan jiang) warms the middle to facilitate the digestive system. Magnolia bark (hou po) promotes the movement of Qi, transforms dampness, and resolves stagnation. Pinellia (ban xia) dries dampness, transforms phlegm, and causes rebellious Qi to descend. Citrus (chen pi) regulates the Qi, improves the transportive function of the spleen, adjunct the middle, and prevents stagnation.
This formula does not contain ephedra (ma huang).
1. Take with Astra Diet Tea before meals. The tea will help reduce the appetite and the fiber content of the herbs will promote digestion and proper stools.
2. Taking the above herbs should be only one part of an overall weight loss program. Modifications of diet and lifestyle are other important aspects to weight control; i.e. exercising more and increasing intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. This formula contains herbs that promote circulation, dispel wind, and resolves swelling, making it useful for arthritic conditions that are accompanied by swelling, redness, and numbness.
• See also Griffonex 5-HTP
• Take with Astra Diet Tea as described above
• Take with Astra Garlic or Polilipid to reduce blood lipids
• For Candidiasis consider Phellostatin
• For phlegm use Clear Phlegm (wen dan)
• For water weight gain consider Drain Dampness (wu ling san) short term, add Rehmannia 8 long term