Dong Chong Xia Cao Herbal Supplement
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bronchitis – Chronic
- Chemo/Radio surgery support – Long term
- Chronic infections
- Dry lungs
- Fibromyalgia – Spleen deficiency
- Hypertension – Internal wind
- Strengthen immunity
1. Improve lung function, and addresses such conditions as asthma, wheezing, chronic cough, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
2. May be useful for arrhythmia, heart failure, pulmonary heart disease, hyperlipidemia, cirrhosis, hepatitis, male impotence, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, drug toxicity (cyclosporine), chemotherapy, and radiotherapy
3. Act as a general tonifying agent. Cordyceps strengthens resistance to disease, boosts the immune system, and enhances athletic performance
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Tonify kidney yang
Strengthen protective qi
Nourish lung yin
Stop cough and transform phlegm
Internal: 2 tablets BID – TID, with or between meals.
50 tablets, 500 mg., 12 day supply
Contraindications: If gas and bloating are seen, take with meals.
- Cordyceps fruiting body dong chong xia cao
Cordyceps, also known as caterpillar fungus, is an ancient Chinese tonic. In more recent years, it is credited for helping improve the performance of Chinese athletes in international competitions. Laboratory research has found that extractions of Cordyceps inhibit growth of microorganisms such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis, pneumococcus, and various disease causing fungi. Other studies have shown that Cordyceps has a marked bronchodilation effect and is able to increase the effects of adrenaline.
Chinese research indicates that Cordyceps may be useful for many conditions such as arrhythmia, heart failure, pulmonary heart disease, hyperlipidemia, cirrhosis, hepatitis, male impotence, chronic fatigue syndrome, drug toxicity (cyclosporine), chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
In terms of Chinese medicine, Cordyceps is said to enter the lung and kidney channels. The traditional functions of Cordyceps include treating tuberculosis, deficiency-type cough, impotence, spermatorrheas, post-illness deficiency and weakness, spontaneous sweating, anemia. Additionally, it is a strong general tonifier and is used for health maintenance and disease prevention.
Cordyceps PS is processed using a full spectrum extract yielding 6% cordycepic acid.