For over 20 years, the Sifre Center has been dedicated to helping people going through cancer treatment by providing a comprehensive approach to complement conventional treatment methods. With significant research and treatment experience, we have developed effective techniques to help patients through the different stages of cancer treatment, mentored by the master Tom Tam system of complementary cancer treatment. In this blog, we will describe the methods we use to achieve this goal, including herbal medicines, visualization, Qigong, and post-treatment detox.
One complementary therapy that has gained popularity in recent years for cancer patients is acupuncture, a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that has been used for centuries to help improve overall health and wellbeing. Acupuncture has been proven to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment, improve quality of life, and enhance the immune system.
Cancer is a complex disease that can cause a wide range of physical and emotional symptoms. These symptoms can be caused by the cancer itself or because of the treatment, such as chemotherapy or radiation. Some of the most common symptoms experienced by cancer patients include nausea, vomiting, pain, fatigue, anxiety, depression and peripheral neuropathy.
Acupuncture: 6 areas of significantly validated effects
Acupuncture is an effective way to alleviate these symptoms and improve the overall wellbeing of cancer patients. Here are some of the ways in which acupuncture can benefit those with cancer:
- Reduces Pain: Acupuncture stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers. By doing so, it can help reduce the pain experienced by cancer patients, especially those undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
- Decreases Nausea and Vomiting: Chemotherapy can cause severe nausea and vomiting in cancer patients. Studies have shown that acupuncture can help reduce the severity and frequency of these symptoms, making treatment more tolerable.
- Reduces Anxiety and Depression: Cancer patients often experience high levels of anxiety and depression, which can impact their quality of life. Acupuncture has been shown to be an effective way to reduce these symptoms and improve emotional wellbeing.
- Boosts the Immune System: Cancer treatment can weaken the immune system, making patients more vulnerable to infections. Acupuncture has been shown to enhance the immune system, improving overall health and helping the body fight off infections.
- Peripheral neuropathy (PN): Acupuncture reduces the numbness and burning associated with PN. PN is often a side effect of cancer treatment, as chemo can provoke inflammation and irritation of nerves.
- Improves Quality of Life: By reducing symptoms and improving emotional wellbeing, acupuncture can help cancer patients feel better and improve their overall quality of life.
Furthermore, scientific acupuncture techniques that tap into the Autonomic Nervous System are utilized to harmonize neurotransmitter and other electro molecular circulation. These have a therapeutic effect in multiple systems of the human-mind-body continuum.
There are significant positive research outcomes associated with certain herbal medicine compounds. These include Turkey Tail, power mushrooms such as Ganoderma, and Cordyceps; Astragalus; Dan Shen; and Green Tea, just to name a few. Several large studies have shown that the use of Turkey Tail has an inhibitory effect on cancer recurrence. Herbal meds are used before and after conventional treatment. We have seen this to be of vital importance to enhance the effects of chemo and to further support the overall health of the patient. A very important book on this subject is Anti Cancer. We recommend this book to all our cancer patients.
Qigong & Visualization
My mentor, the Chinese master Tom Tam, is fond of saying that “Cancer hates oxygen.” This is because oxygenation is anti-cancer. Practicing Qigong exercises has a powerful effect on the oxygenation of all body systems down to the cells which are affected by the cancer. Qigong also relaxes and grounds the mind. This allows for the addition of powerful visualization practices, which can help the overall healing process.
Detoxification after any kind of chemical exposure is very important to help the body regain its appropriate functioning. There are several detoxification acupuncture protocols as well as homeopathic and herbal medicine ones. The NADA acupuncture detoxification protocol is one of the most highly scientifically validated detoxification protocols. Both practice and research have shown these protocols to be very effective in reducing toxins circulating through the organ system, as well as cravings. NADA helps detoxify the lungs, lymphatics, liver, kidneys, and gut system. It is also associated with the reduction of peripheral neuropathy.
After conventional treatment is finished, homeopathic and herbal medicine detoxification compounds are utilized to help the body get rid of any remaining toxins.
In closing, the Sifre Center has been providing a comprehensive approach to complement conventional cancer treatment methods for over 20 years. We use a combination of herbal medicines, Qigong and visualization, and post-treatment detoxification to help patients through the different stages of cancer treatment. Acupuncture, a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine, has also been proven to be effective in reducing the side effects of cancer treatment, improving quality of life, and enhancing the immune system. The use of herbal medicines, such as Turkey Tail, has also shown inhibitory effects on cancer recurrence. Qigong exercises and visualization practices can help improve the oxygenation of all body systems and aid in the overall healing process. Lastly, post-treatment detoxification protocols, including NADA acupuncture detoxification, and homeopathic and herbal medicine compounds, are utilized to help rid the body of any remaining toxins. The Sifre Center's approach to complementing cancer treatment has shown to be effective in reducing symptoms, improving emotional wellbeing, and enhancing overall health and quality of life for cancer patients.
If you or a loved one is undergoing cancer treatment, consider adding our approach to your care plan. A comprehensive approach to complement conventional cancer treatment with our experience and expertise.