Welcome to The Sifre Center
In practice since 1997, Santiago Sifre provides a system of comprehensive medical Acupuncture, Functional and Behavioral that is person-centered and mindfulness-based. Evidence-based, clinically effective practices such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and meditation training, Tai Chi-Qigong, cellular reactivity testing, acupuncture-based addiction detoxification; as well as mindfulness-based stress reduction and psychology provide expanded alternatives for better lifestyle, physical and mental health and overall living.
We believe that the nexus of acupuncture, lifestyle enhancement, mindfulness practices and a sound and comprehensive functional acupuncture approach is where the best 21-century health care lies. In fact, we instituted this model in 1996 and have been following it ever since with great success and marveling at the results. Our patients are grateful for the results that this approach provides and because we are detailed-oriented and artisanal throughout; and because of our emphasis on happiness building through wellness and energy lifestyle.
An acupuncture physician, psychologist or behavioral medicine consultant must be able to present to the patient a clear insight into the person’s condition and how to best improve this condition. In the case of acupuncture or Chinese functional medicine this is particularly important to the highest standards of diagnosis and treatment: where and why is the dis-ease occurring and what fundamental corrections will help solve it. In other words: a mindfulness-based approach on how to institute changes in the realm and energy systems to accomplish this, along with the support necessary to implement it. This is a unique ingredient that we are so proud to offer our people.
Founded in 1997 our mission statement is to provide the highest and most advanced level of comprehensive, professional, behavioral and complementary acupuncture to the community at large. When Santiago Sifre founded his practice, one of his main goals was to organize it as an “umbrella” group of experts in the field of medicine, acupuncture, psychology, psychiatry and complementary-alternative medicine and methods (CAM). That is why, at our Center, you may access the services of professionals in these fields who have a holistic, person-centered philosophy in common: not just in terms of how to improve the health and lifestyle of the people, but in terms of contributing to the inspiration, motivation and support of their efforts to become truly healthy in mind, body and spirit.
To Increase Health & Wellbeing
- by providing professional, safe, and effective therapies backed by research and clinical outcome.
- by collaborating with clients and other health practitioners.
- by providing consultations and guidance within the field of complementary-alternative health care
- and mindfulness-based practice.
- by reducing stress.
Meet Santiago Sifre
Santiago graduated from the New England School of Acupuncture (1996) and was mentored by Chinese master Tomas Tam. He is a highly skilled diagnostician and eclectic practitioner with a significant level of experience in areas such as pain and inflammation, degenerative diseases like cancer and diabetes, pediatrics and obstetrics, and mood disorders and stress-related disorders. In particular, Santiago has helped hundreds of women have a natural, vaginal birth and has helped successfully turned tens of breached babies. He is also one of a few acupuncturists in the Miami-Dade area with significant experience treating children. His specialty is person-centered, comprehensive medical acupuncture. Santiago worked as an acupuncture physician and researcher at the University of Miami School of Medicine and at Community Healthcare of Broward, where he headed the HIV acupuncture program. He also has an extensive background in research and consulting, as well as a particular interest in the practical and clinical application of classical Eastern philosophy and motivational strategies. He has done extensive work in institutional settings as a clinician and consultant; and has presented and written on the subjects of acupuncture, relaxation, complementary-alternative medicines (CAM). He has practiced and taught Tai Chi, meditation and Qigong since 1986 and frequently organizes and produces events and retreats related to Acupuncture, mindfulness, I Ching and meditation.
- Health Check-Ups (Blood Pressure, Urinalysis, Auscultation, Physical Examination)
- Customized Herbal Medicine Formulation-Preparation (Consult and Mixing of your personalized Chinese herbal formula from our pharmacy of powdered herbs)
- Electro Therapy (Skeleto-muscular Inflammation-Pain Management)
- Electro stimulation of acupuncture points meridians without needles
- Health Coaching/Mental Health/Stress Counseling
- Chakra Balance Imaging (Computer-generated evaluation of major energy centers)
- Electro-Magnetic Chakra Balancing (Procedure for Balancing energy centers)
- Resonance Electro Magnetic Analysis REMA Test (Evaluates over 50 biological-electro chemical functions of human body without drawing blood)
- Homeopathic Consults and Remedy preparation
- Hypnotherapy (Stop smoking, insomnia, phobias, health improvement)
- Tui Na Chinese Massage (max 2 UNITS)
- Cupping Therapy (Detox and Skeleto-muscular pain)
- Stretching Therapy
- Infrared Light Therapy (Inflammation)
- Moxibustion (Medicinal herbal heat therapy applied to acupoints)
- Tong-Ren Therapy for Cancer/Medical Qigong (Energy medicine)
- Tai Chi-Qigong Private One-On-One
- Meditation Training Private One-On-One
- Auricular (ear) Low Level Laser (for Addictions & Detoxification)